Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Passion!- Where is it?


It's become increasingly hard for me to watch TV because of all the ridiculous advertisements that use their version of passion. Trying to sell cars, hamburgers-you name it, with scantily clad ladies licking their fingers as if to tempt us to buy what they are selling.

The world around us is confused about what true passion really is. What I see missing in the world, is real zeal and passion for things that matter. The current generation has taken their lead from us, and unfortunately, we have not done well at showing them true passion. We have left them dazed, lethargic, and apathetic because we haven't modeled the passion that God gives to each of us to help us in fulfilling His will.

All of us as believers should have a passion to be used by God. We should all desire to impact His Kingdom for His Glory. Ferdinand Foch, commander and chief of the allied armies in France during WWI said, "The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."  Passion is very important in leadership.

There is a tale told of that great English actor Macready. An eminent preacher once said to him: "I wish you would explain to me something."
          "Well, what is it? I don't know that I can explain anything to a preacher."
          "What is the reason for the difference between you and me? You are appearing before crowds night after night with fiction, and the crowds come wherever you go. I am preaching the essential and unchangeable truth, and I am not getting any crowd at all."

Macready's answer was this: "This is quite simple. I can tell you the difference between us. I present my fiction as though it were truth; you present your truth as though it were fiction."

Are you passionate about serving God? We are all passionate about something. Some of us are passionate about sports. Some passionate about music, etc. Are we as passionate about our service to the Lord? People are watching us to see if we are. Do you know anyone that exudes passion for life, for God?

I'd love you to share their name below as a sign of honor for their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment